- CALL 911 WATER DAMAGE at (888) 243.6653
- Use fans to circulate the air and assist drying.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Lift draperies off carpet, loop through a coat hanger, and place the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place small wood blocks or aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- If affected, open furniture drawers, closet doors, and luggage to enhance drying.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings.
- Move photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Remove wet fabrics and dry them as soon as possible. Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Remove damp books from shelves and spread out to dry.
- If damage occurs during a cool season, leave heat on; if in summer, use an air conditioner if available.
- Do not use an ordinary household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or wet floors.
- Do not go into rooms with standing water if the electricity is still on.
- Do not lift tacked down carpet without professional help. Lifting the carpet incorrectly could promote shrinkage.
- Do not wait to call 911 WATER DAMAGE at (888) 243.6653 for professional help.